5 Insanely Actionable Steps to Your MS Abroad [LIVE Webinar]
Learn action-by-action 5 steps for your MS abroad using our proven "5-Keys" Formula.
“I was hunting everywhere for scholarship. I couldn’t believe when I learnt about a well-defined process to get scholarship. It works because I got scholarship!”, - Jayanth Barman, Currently pursuing MS at John Hopkins University, USA
Hosted by: Manish (IIT Kanpur & IIM Calcutta) & Pooja (Placed 1200+ students abroad)
MS in Computer Science in Germany vs USA
Here are some of the key advantages and disadvantages of pursuing Masters in Computer Science in Germany when compared to the equivalent in the US:
- Zero tuition fee: state-funded universities offer free education. Private universities charge tuition fee, which is also comparatively low.
- Research facilities are good.
- Cheap living compared to the US. You can cover up to 80% of your monthly living expenses by working part-time with some professors, helping them in their on-going research projects.
- Good opportunities with startups in Berlin and Munich.
- Less expensive health insurance.
- Better work-life balance.
- Lower paying part-time jobs as well as fewer opportunities in Germany when compared to the US. However, you should note that you get paid enough to meet your monthly expenses.
- You need to learn the German language for easier day-to-day living as well as better access to part-time opportunities.
- Out of Times top 100 universities, 37 are in the US whereas only 19 are in Europe. The US has a large number of good universities, offering every possible specialization and a range of courses.
- With a German student visa, you can travel anywhere within Europe.
- You can stay up to 1.5 years after completing your Masters to search for a job.
- Great career opportunities for you – by some estimates, there is a shortage of over 100K engineers and IT professionals with average salaries around $60K a year.
- You can work for a maximum of 90 days per year (full time) or 180 days per year (part-time). And the best part is you don’t require an additional work permit. So, by working part-time you can cover the majority of your living expenses.
- If you do well in your internships, you have a good chance of getting a full-time placement.
Top Schools in Germany offering MS in Computer Science and Engineering MS in English
For international students interested in applying to German universities with a possibility of scholarships, here is a list of programs at various universities along with their application deadlines.
|#1 FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg||Advanced Signal Processing and Communications Engineering||15 April|
|#2 SRH University Heidelberg||Applied Computer Science, Information Technology||1 April, 1 October|
|#3 University of Applied Sciences Mittweida||Applied Mathematics in Digital Media||15 May|
|#4 TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences)||Automation & IT, Communication Systems and Networks, Computer Science||NA|
|#5 Esslingen University of Applied Sciences||Automotive Systems||31 March|
|#6 Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg||Autonomous Systems||1 July, 15 January|
|#7 Bielefeld University||Behavior: From Neural Mechanisms to Evolution||1 October|
|#8 TU München||Biomedical Computing, Computational Mechanics, Data Engineering and Analytics, Informatics – Games Engineering||31 May|
|#9 FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg||Communications and Multimedia Engineering||15 March|
|#10 RWTH Aachen University||Communications Engineering, Computational Engineering Science, Media Informatics||1 March, 15 July|
|#11 FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg||Computational Engineering||15 April|
|#12 University of Stuttgart||Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information Technology||15 July, 15 January|
|#13 Saarland University||Computer and Communications Technology, Language Science and Technology, Mathematics and Computer Science, Media Informatics||15 May, 15 November|
|#14 University of Konstanz||Computer and Information Science||15 May, 1 December|
|#15 TU Kaiserslautern||Computer Science, Embedded Computing Systems||30 April, 31 October|
|#16 Bauhaus-Universität Weimar||Computer Science and Media, Human-Computer Interaction||15 July, 15 January|
|#17 University of Magdeburg||Data and Knowledge Engineering||15 June, 15 December|
|#18 University of Hildesheim||Data Analytics||31 July, 15 September|
|#19 Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences||Digital Media||15 January|
|#20 University of Applied Sciences and Arts Dortmund||Project Management||15 July|
|#21 Fulda University of Applied Sciences||Global Software Development||15 October, 15 April|
|#22 University of Tübingen||Neural Information Processing, Computational Linguistics||15 January|
|#23 Hamburg University of Technology||Information and Communication Systems||31 March|
|#24 Kiel University of Applied Sciences||Information Engineering||30 April, 31 October|
|#25 Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences||Information Engineering and Computer Science, Usability Engineering||15 July, 15 January|
|#26 Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences||Information Technology (IT)||15 April|
|#27 Bielefeld University||Intelligent Systems||15 July|
|#28 Berlin University of Technology||Computational Neuroscience||15 March|
|#29 TU Darmstadt||Information and Communication Engineering||15 June|
|#30 TU Dresden||Computational Logic||31 May|
|#31 University of Applied Sciences Wedel||IT Engineering||31 August, 28 February|
|#32 Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences||Computer Science||1 September|
|#33 South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences||International Management & Information Systems||15 November, 15 May|
|#34 Leuphana University Lüneburg||Management & Data Science||1 June|
|#35 Ruhr University Bochum||Cognitive Science||NA|
|#36 Ulm University||Cognitive Systems||NA|
|#37 Paderborn University||Computer Engineering, Computer Science||31 May, 30 November|
|#38 Jacobs University Bremen||Computational Life Science, Data Engineering||1 June|
|#39 Computational Life Science||Computer Science||1 June, 15 December|
|#40 University of Passau||Computer Science||15 January, 30 June|
|#41 University of Siegen||Computer Science||30 April|
|#42 Kiel University||Digital Communications||1 April|
|#43 University of Münster||Information Systems||31 May, 30 November|
|#44 Universität Hamburg||Intelligent Adaptive Systems||31 March|
|#45 University of Bamberg||International Software Systems Science||1 June, 1 December|
|#46 University of Koblenz-Landau||Mathematical Modelling of Complex Systems||15 July, 15 December|
|#47 University of Augsburg||Software Engineering||1 May|
|#48 University of Koblenz-Landau||Web Science||15 May, 15 November|
|#49 Ilmenau University of Technology||Media Technology||Rolling|
|#50 Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München||Neuro-Cognitive Psychology||1 March|
|#51 Ilmenau University of Technology||Computer & Systems Engineering||30 March, 15 July|
|#52 Heilbronn University||Software Engineering and Management||15 July|