PhD in the US
Getting admitted into a US university to pursue is a dream come true for many students for the following reasons:
- Not only will your research be funded, but US universities are well known for their great research facilities
- Generally speaking, research in the US is considered to be far ahead of most other countries
- The US produces the highest number of research papers in the world and this is in large part due to the immense support that researchers in this country receive
- Getting a good job after your PhD is not too hard. If you wish to return to India, and continue in academia, you should be able to find a job in one of the IITs, NITs or other good colleges
- As there are many successful industries in the US, PhD students who wish to work with an industry where their expertise will be relevant, should find job security
PhD in India
- The stipend you receive in India will be pretty low when compared to the US
- International conference funding is available in a limited manner
- Research facilities are not up-to-date and still lack technologies that are being used abroad, especially in the US
- Research problems are more theoretically-based and most of the times can be correlated to what happened
- Research output in terms of publications is relatively less
- It takes 4-5 years to complete
If you liked this article then please share it with your friends.
You may also want to check out our article on What is it like for an Indian student to
study in a US/European University?
Lastly, you can use Google to type your question and add Admission Table in front of it. Our students find this very helpful because you’ll likely find an answer to any study overseas questions that you have.
In case you don’t find an answer to your question, simply chat with us. We would love to answer your questions and help you get into the best school for you.