5 Insanely Actionable Steps to Your MS Abroad [LIVE Webinar]
Learn action-by-action 5 steps for your MS abroad using our proven "5-Keys" Formula.
“I was hunting everywhere for scholarship. I couldn’t believe when I learnt about a well-defined process to get scholarship. It works because I got scholarship!”, - Jayanth Barman, Currently pursuing MS at John Hopkins University, USA
Webinar Starts at
Hosted by: Manish (IIT Kanpur & IIM Calcutta) & Pooja (Placed 1200+ students abroad)
What is ICAS?
International Center for Applied Sciences (ICAS) is a unique engineering program offered by Manipal University.
In this program, you can complete the first two years of your engineering program at Manipal University, India. For remaining two years, you can choose to study and graduate from any of the 100+ universities in US, UK, Australia, Canada, Malaysia, France, Germany or any other country of your choice.
ICAS program comprises of all the teaching and evaluation methods that are followed by universities abroad. Hence, it allows for an easy transfer to over 100 top-ranked foreign university. Over 1,500 students have successfully graduated from ICAS program at Manipal University and completed their degrees from the top universities around the world.
ICAS programs gives you unparalleled flexibility. You can change your engineering major after enrolling at foreign universities. Let’s say you started your program at ICAS in Mechanical Engineering. You can change to Automotive Engineering. Similarly, if you start with Electrical Engineering, you can change to Bio-medical Engineering. So you can pursue a major that you are passionate about.
Why to study at ICAS?
Here are the top 5 reasons to consider studying at ICAS program at Manipal University.
#1 International Engineering Degree
- International academic and cultural experience
- Internationally recognized engineering degree
- Exposure to world-class teaching methodologies
- Opportunities for paid internships abroad
- Average salary package ranging from $50,000 to $85,000
#2 Graduate from Top Ranked Universities
- You can choose to graduate from any of the 100+ universities around the world
- You can get global internship and job opportunities
- Your credits at ICAS are easily accepted by the partner universities
- You are eligible for placement opportunities facilitated by the international universities, where you continue your studies
#3 Affordable International Education
- You can save up to 40% of the total education cost as compared to a regular international engineering program
#4 Credit Transfer Facility
- Credit transfer system at par with international standards and are accepted in over 100+ premier institutes across the world
- The credits gained in the first two years of the course at ICAS is equivalent to international university credits
- You can opt to change their stream of engineering after the 1st semester or at the university abroad
How does Credit Transfer Works at ICAS?
In the ICAS program offered by Manipal University, you can transfer your credits and graduate with an international engineering degree from some of the top universities in the world.
Here are some of the most common questions about credit transfer of ICAS.
#1 What is Credit Transfer at ICAS?
Credit transfer to a partner university depends upon the academic policy of the respective foreign universities and you can get up to 100% of your credits transferred.
Over last several years, more than 1,500 students of ICAS program have got their credits transferred to pursue their Bachelors or Masters degree in applied science and engineering at more than 100 foreign universities across the US, the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Canada and other countries.
Upon completion of the degree program at the partner university, the student gets degree awarded by the respective universities. The annual salary package upon graduation is between $55K to $85K.
Credit transfer is available for following majors: CSE, Mechanical, EE, Mechatronics, Chemical, Civil, Biological, Biomedical, Architecture, and Aeronautical/Aerospace/Aviation.
#2 Which foreign universities you can get credit transfer to?
Following are some of the universities that you can get your credit transferred:
- The US (partner universities): Andrews University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Michigan Technological University, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Russ College of Engineering and Technology, St. Cloud State University, The University of Missouri-Kansas, North Dakota State University, The University at Buffalo – SUNY, The University of South Alabama and University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign.
- The US (non-partner universities) – Cornell University, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of Minnesota Twin-Cities, Texas A&M, Purdue University, SUNY stony brook, Ohio state university, Drexel University, South Dakota state university, Penn State, UMass Amherst, and many other universities.
- The UK – City University, Lancaster University, Sheffield Hallam University and University of Leicester.
- Australia – Deakin University, University of Queensland, University Of New South Wales, University of Technology and Flinders University.
#3 What’s my chance of getting transfer to a good university?
With an average grade (2+ GPA out of 4.0) you can get decent a university. With a good GPA (3.0+), you can aim for better universities. With great GPA (3.6+) you can target top tier universities. A good SAT score (2100+/1450+) or ACT score (30+) will strengthen your application.
Each partner university has its own TOEFL requirement. Most of them accept 79+ but universities like Purdue and UIUC accept at 95+ and 100+ respectively. Some universities do ask for SAT score.
#4 Is WES evaluation necessary for credit transfer?
WES evaluation is needed only for non-partner universities, especially for the US universities.
#5 I have some backlogs. Will the universities accept my profile for credit transfer?
Most universities are unlikely to accept profiles for credit transfer if there are backlogs that are not cleared. In case of partner universities, there may be some backlog admissibility.
#6 Tell me about credit transfer policies of different universities.
Let’s take example of transferring your credit to Stony Brook University, New York.
To get your credit transferred, you would need WES evaluation. Stony Brooke accepts a maximum of 84 transfer credits. Most Bachelor’s degree require 120 credits and you need to complete 36 credits at Stony Brook. You can learn more about the credit transfer of the university by clicking here.
Let’s take another example of University of Technology Sydney in Australia.
Since UTS is a partner institution of ICAS, WES evaluation is not needed. UTS accepts a maximum of 96 credits. A standard full-time Bachelor’s program requires 48 credit points per year that you can complete in two years.To learn more, check out the credit transfer brochure of the university.
#7 What are the steps to apply for transfer credits?
Following are the key steps to follow when applying for transfer credits. There may be some differences depending on the universities that you are applying to.
- Submit application to your target university, indicating that you are a transfer student.
- Non-partner universities: Submit your transcript along with WES evaluation.
- Partner universities: Submit your transcript. The university will review your transcript and courses taken and determine how many credits will be acceptable for transfer. If required, you must provide course descriptions and syllabus for each course taken for a university to evaluate.
- Admit result – Different universities may transfer a different number of credits towards a degree program. University A may accept 42 credits whereas University B may accept 48 credits. This may be one way to decide which university to join.
- Acceptance – Once you accept an admit, you will join the selected university in the 2nd or 3rd year of the engineering program.
#8 Where can I get help for transferring my credit?
You can ask your peers, alumni and ICAS faculty members to help you get your credits transferred. You can refer to the credit transfer policies of your target schools.
You can also take our Premium Counseling > Custom Plan to help in your credit transfer as well as complete overseas application process.
Here are some of the students whom we helped in getting their credits transferred and joining some of the best universities abroad:
- Abhyuday Vishwakarma – University of Utah
- Aishwarya Vijaykumar – University of Drexel
- Ayushi Mukherji – University of Buffalo – SUNY
- Jaydeep Bhalodiya -University of Colorado Denver
- Mayank Kumar – IOWA state university
- Udit Samani – University of Wisconsin Madison
- Vibham Dube – RMIT,QUT, Univresity of Drexel
- Gokul Choyi – University of Sydney
We have helped these students in the following ways:
- Identifying the best universities matching with their profiles, interests and career goals
- Help in writing the best essays to highlight their strengths and to stand-out among all international applicants
- Review their online applications and verify documents required for every university that they applied to
- Help with visa and predeparture process
- We also helped some of them with profile building including pursuing online programs, taking social projects and internships
If you are an ICAS student, chat with us to learn more about how we can help you.