Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
University’s Feedback: Why You should Study Mechanical Engineering at NJIT?
The mechanical engineering curriculum provides an opportunity for the student to develop proficiency in a technical specialty within the broad field of mechanical engineering. This is accomplished by means of a minimum of 12 credits of electives emphasizing mechanical design, energy systems, manufacturing processes, materials engineering, or biomedical engineering or by selecting courses from a wide variety of approved electives.
The program educational objectives are our expectations of the accomplishments and characteristics of the careers of our graduates. The current Mechanical Engineering program educational objectives are:
- Objective 1: We expect our graduates to be successfully engaged in the mechanical engineering design processes and the practical application of engineering theory, methods and practices, including alternative energy systems, manufacturing, controls, robotics, materials, and biomedical systems and devices.
- Objective 2: We expect our graduates to advance their professional growth and development through activities such as graduate study in engineering, professional registration, and continuing education, with some graduates transitioning into other professional fields.
- Objective 3: We expect our graduates to be effectively engaged in service to their professional societies as well as their local, national or global communities.
As a public university, our tuition and fees—combined with a generous financial assistance program—put the edge within your reach.
The Campus Center is the hub of cultural, educational, and social activities for the NJIT community. The Campus Center staff provides students, faculty and staff with a relaxing environment where they can enjoy a meal, attend a meeting, study, watch a film, play a variety of games, participate in the many cultural, social, and educational activities offered, or just socialize with friends.
Visit Mechanical Engineering@NJIT to learn more
Our Feedback for Your Shortlisting
Following are the quick facts about NJIT:
- Ranked #85 in Mechanical Engineering by US News and World Report
- Tuition $31,034
- SAT 1110-1310
In our shortlisting, we would place New Jersey Institute of Technology as follows:
- Affordability, based on tuition and living expenses: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Reputation, based on research, academic strength and ranking: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Outcome, based on career success of alumni: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
Depending on your academic, extra-curricular and other aspects of your profile, you could shortlist New Jersey Institute of Technology as your Safe School with a chance of getting admission as 75% or more.