5 Insanely Actionable Steps to Your MS Abroad [LIVE Webinar]
Learn action-by-action 5 steps for your MS abroad using our proven "5-Keys" Formula.
“I was hunting everywhere for scholarship. I couldn’t believe when I learnt about a well-defined process to get scholarship. It works because I got scholarship!”, - Jayanth Barman, Currently pursuing MS at John Hopkins University, USA
Hosted by: Manish (IIT Kanpur & IIM Calcutta) & Pooja (Placed 1200+ students abroad)
Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
University’s Feedback: Why Mechanical Engineering at UMass Lowell?
University of Massachusetts Lowell is a national research university committed to preparing students for work in the real world— solving real problems and helping real people— by providing an affordable, high-quality education.
In the high-tech hub of northeastern Massachusetts, students in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Francis College of Engineering can earn an undergraduate degree accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
A major strength of the program is its emphasis on hands-on experience through its base in the methodology of Design-Build-Test, where students can build and test their theoretical designs.
Graduates are fully prepared to pursue work in industry, or to continue on for graduate education in engineering, business, and medicine. The curriculum is designed to graduate engineers who can apply fundamental principles of mechanical engineering with competence and sensitivity to the needs of society.
To achieve this goal, students follow a sequence of courses beginning with basic mathematics and science, followed by their application to courses in engineering science and engineering design.
Relevant clusters of studies in the humanities and social sciences are included within the context of engineering education to create well-rounded graduates.
The department offers several tracks for students with different levels of preparation in mathematics and English. It may take some students five years to complete their degree.
At graduation, students of the Bachelor of Science in Engineering for Mechanical Engineering program at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell should:
- Be able to apply the principles of advanced engineering math and science to the solution of problems in engineering.
- Be able to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Be able to design, build, and test a system, component, or process to meet required needs.
- Be able to integrate the use of modern computer-based engineering tools into engineering practice.
- Be able to communicate effectively and function on multi-disciplinary teams
- Understand the need to assess the impact of engineering designs on society. This should include factors such as economics, ergonomics, the environment, and sustainability.
- Understand the concept of the engineering profession through an exposure to professional societies, professional registration, the need for lifelong learning, and professional ethics.
Visit Mechanical Engineering@UMass Lowell for more information
Our Feedback for Your Shortlisting
Following are the quick facts about UMass Lowell:
- Ranked #105 in Mechanical Engineering by US News and World Report
- Tuition $31,865
- SAT 1070-1260
In our shortlisting, we would place University of Massachusetts Lowell as follows:
- Affordability, based on tuition and living expenses: 5 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Reputation, based on research, academic strength and ranking: 3 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Outcome, based on career success of alumni: 3 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
Depending on your academic, extra-curricular and other aspects of your profile, you could shortlist University of Massachusetts Lowell as your Safe School with a chance of getting admission as 75% or more.