Learn about tuition, ranking etc to know if University of Texas Arlington fits your background, budget and career goals for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
University’s Feedback: Why You should Mechanical Engineering at UT Austin
No professions unleash the spirit of innovation like Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE).
From flight to alternative energy, we constantly discover how to improve lives by creating bold new solutions that connect science to life in unexpected, forward-thinking ways.
Emboldened by the direct and positive effect we have on people’s everyday lives we look forward to channeling our imagination and creativity to meet the needs and challenges of the 21st century.
Join us in an exciting journey of learning, innovation and leadership and look ahead where your horizons become absolutely unlimited!
A primary goal of the MAE degree program is to provide an educational experience and training that will prepare its graduates to excel within the broad scope of the mechanical and aerospace engineering profession.
Our Program Educational Objectives are to enable our graduates to attain the following professional and career accomplishments during the first few years following graduation:
- Be employed in a professional mechanical, aerospace or related engineering organization, or be admitted to graduate programs in engineering or other professional areas,
- Become an active participant in professional society activities,
- Demonstrate the initiative, motivation and ability to grow professionally in their chosen endeavor.
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) offers three programs of study leading to the bachelor’s degree. They are the Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, and a double degree of Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
UTA offers an excellent education with low tuition rates, financial aid, and scholarships that keep your costs low and your debt manageable. In 2017, UTA was recognized by U.S. News & World Report for graduating students with the lowest debt in Texas and the second lowest in the nation.
MAE Department Scholarships and Fellowships are available once per year. Some of these awards for undergraduate students are: Alvin E. Betzel, Sr. Scholarship, Charles H. & Harry M. Goodman Endowed Scholarship, Igor Frailberg Endowed Scholarship, Joe R. Martin Scholars Program in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Endowed Scholarship and Pay It Forward Scholarship.
More than 75 percent of our students receive some type of student financial aid.
Visit Mechanical Engineering@UT Austin to learn more
Our Feedback on Your University Shortlisting
Following are the quick facts about UT Arlington:
- Ranked #95 in Mechanical Engineering by US News and World Report
- Tuition $25,152
- SAT 950-1190
In our shortlisting, we would place University of Texas Arlington as follows:
- Affordability, based on tuition and living expenses: 5 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Reputation, based on research, academic strength and ranking: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Outcome, based on career success of alumni: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
Depending on your academic, extra-curricular and other aspects of your profile, you could shortlist University of Texas Arlington as your Safe School with a chance of getting admission as 75% or more.