5 Insanely Actionable Steps to Your MS Abroad [LIVE Webinar]
Learn action-by-action 5 steps for your MS abroad using our proven "5-Keys" Formula.
“I was hunting everywhere for scholarship. I couldn’t believe when I learnt about a well-defined process to get scholarship. It works because I got scholarship!”, - Jayanth Barman, Currently pursuing MS at John Hopkins University, USA
Webinar Starts at
Hosted by: Manish (IIT Kanpur & IIM Calcutta) & Pooja (Placed 1200+ students abroad)
Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
University’s Feedback: Why Study Mechanical Engineering at Stony Brook?
The mechanical engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Our undergraduate program is designed to provide students with the detailed mechanical engineering education and training required for immediate entry into the job market.
At the same time, the curriculum maintains enough flexibility to enable students to fully prepare themselves for graduate studies and research careers.
Mechanical engineering classes are taught by full-time faculty members and undergraduates are encouraged to work directly with the faculty in their technical electives.
They also have the opportunities to participate in the Stony Brook University’s URECA program and in national and international student engineering competitions.
Our Senior Design experience offers students opportunities for solving real-world problems in a multi-disciplinary setting.
The SPIR (Strategic Partnership for Industrial Resurgence) program allows NY State-based companies to hire our students on a temporary basis. Through SPIR, students work on many diverse and interesting projects and the vast majority of them are offered a permanent job at the company upon graduation. Students are compensated for their time and work while gaining valuable real world experience.
Undergraduate program education objective:
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of mechanical engineers.
- Qualified graduates will pursue advanced studies if they so desire.
- Graduates will pursue leadership positions in their profession and/or communities.
Visit Mechanical Engineering@Stony Brook to learn more
Our Feedback for Your Shortlisting
Following are the quick facts about Stony Brook University:
- Ranked #69 in Mechanical Engineering by US News and World report
- Tuition $26,297
- SAT 1150-1370
In our shortlisting, we would place Stony Brook University as follows:
- Affordability, based on tuition and living expenses: 5 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Reputation, based on research, academic strength and ranking: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Outcome, based on career success of alumni: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
Depending on your academic, extra-curricular and other aspects of your profile, you could shortlist Stony Brook University as your Reach School with a chance of getting admission as 50% or more.