Google Inc., with its endless swimming pools, high-tech toilets, free food, nap-pods, and free haircuts is a promised land for technical graduates around the world. But only 1 in 6 applicants land a job at Google.
To become one of the lucky few, follow the tips below:
1. Develop a realistic study plan, and STICK TO IT.
2. Solve every problem from “Cracking the Coding Interview” by Gayle Laakmann McDowell. As put by an engineer who now works at Google – “That book and a whiteboard are the reasons I now work at Google”.
3. If you would like to be even more thorough in your preparation, read “Elements of Programming Interviews: The Insiders’ Guide” by Tsung-Hsien Lee, Adnan Aziz, and Amit Prakash too.
4. Know how to solve problems from these books in many different ways ON PAPER – laptops are not allowed for interviews.
5. Resist the temptation to look at the answer or use your laptop.
6. Last but not the least, register for mock interview sessions on popular interview sites like Career Cup.
In order to land an interview call from the Google, get an international degree under your belt.
Click to find about the most affordable US universities for your international degree.