Discover 5 Secrets of Successful Students
Learn the secrets to get successful admission into your dream school using our proven "5-Keys" Formula.
Attend a FREE webinar to get everything you need to succeed in studying in USA, Canada, Germany, UK or Australia.
Hosted by: Manish (IIT Kanpur & IIM Calcutta) & Pooja (Placed 1200+ students abroad)
Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
University’s Feedback: Why Study Mechanical Engineering at UMass?
A mechanical engineering curriculum is diverse because it is central to so many modern industries (e.g. aerospace, air conditioning, building, computers, plastics, power systems, transportation) and because individual mechanical engineers may be employed in a wide range of engineering endeavors from initial research and development of a product to manufacturing and marketing.
Between these diverse activities, mechanical engineers integrate engineering sciences, conceptual product design, and manufacturing capabilities into a cost-effective, quality product.
Typical technologies in which mechanical engineers find employment are manufacturing processes, materials engineering, energy conversion and conservation systems, and mechanical design.
In addition to employment in industry, mechanical engineers also work in government, management, consulting, and academic organizations.
Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Students who graduate with a B.S. degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Visit Mechanical Engineering@UMass to learn more
Our feedback for your shortlisting
Following are the quick facts about UMass:
- Ranked #57 in Mechanical Engineering by US News and World Report
- Tuition $33,662
- Average SAT 1130-1330
In our shortlisting, we would place University of Massachusetts Amherst as follows:
- Affordability, based on tuition and living expenses: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Reputation, based on research, academic strength and ranking: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
- Outcome, based on career success of alumni: 4 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most desirable)
Depending on your academic, extra-curricular and other aspects of your profile, you could shortlist University of Massachusetts Amherst as your Reach School with a chance of getting admission as 50% or more.